- Company refers to Pedigree Canine Ltd and its subsidiaries.
- Pedigree Canine Ltd limited is a company registered in England and Wales No: 10793834.
- Dog Training refers to any session or course of sessions provided by Pedigree Canine Ltd either on or off site for the purposes of imparting a set of one or more conditioned behavioural responses to a dog.
- Milestone Events are points along any given training program which amount to canine cognitive progress and an understanding of certain routines and commands and responsive behaviour.
- Handover is the period of Training Sessions at the culmination of a Training Program, designed to seed all control and technique required for the applicable training programme from the Instructor/Trainer to the owner/handler. The Owner/Handler is required to be present for consecutive daily handover sessions as required and indicated by the trainer/handler.
- Service refers to any service provided by Pedigree Canine Ltd.
- Civilian Close Protection Dog refers to any working dog trained for the purposes of defensive protection of the owner and or handler during excursions and on their property and its borders, the specific area of which must be agreed in writing by the Company. No warranties are implied.
- Patrol Dog refers to any working dog trained for the purposes of patrol and or protection of the owner and or handler and their property and its borders, the specific area of which must be agreed in writing by the Company. Patrol Dogs must not be permitted to venture beyond their area of patrol except for the purposes of health and training maintenance under the strict supervision of a Pedigree Canine Instructor/trainer. No warranties are implied.
- Detection Dog refers to any working dog trained for the purposes of detection for the owner and/or handler. No warranties are implied.
- Homestay Boarding refers to the Pedigree Canine dog boarding service of boarding dogs within normal home environments in order to reduce the stress of separation and displacement. During Homestay Boarding every effort is taken to provide the best care and welfare for your dogs. Dogs are monitored and cared for while also benefiting from daily exercise by Pedigree Canine Ltd staff. Optionally training may be provided and charged separately.
- “We” refers to anyone employed by Pedigree Canine and or the company itself.
- Client refers to any customer of Pedigree Canine or any subsidiary company.
- Owner refers to the adult person in charge and responsible for any dog, usually the person who purchased or agreed to take ownership of the dog.
- Handler refers to anyone who handles the dog or helps the Owner in exercising, maintaining and/or caring for the dog.
- Trainer refers to any dog trainer working on behalf of Pedigree Canine.
- Instructor indicates the highest level of Pedigree Canine dog training competence, experience and professionalism.
- Kennel Master indicates competences for boarding, training, handler instruction, dog handling, breeding, general health and welfare.
- Dog Taxi indicates any canine transportation arranged or conducted by Pedigree Canine or agents acting on behalf of Pedigree Canine.
- All training programmes are subject to successful completion of the preliminary assessment appointment, booked through Pedigree Canine.
- All training techniques used by Pedigree Canine are kind, fair and reward/consequence based.
- We train Close Protection Dogs to a standard similar to a Military Working Dog and strive to ensure dogs are trained to the 98th Percentile, as per military requirements. No warranties are implied.
- We employ all types of training equipment available for use as per the purposes they are designed for; professionally and humanely, never hurting, distressing, forcing or confusing the dog. All equipment is always used and demonstrated by experts prior to use by the Owner/Handler. Use of any such training equipment by the Owner/Handler is entirely at their own risk.
- Group session sizes are kept to a maximum of up to 8 (eight) clients per group session.
- Clients are permitted up to 2 (two) dogs per session to provide for individual tuition and a relaxed environment.
- Pedigree Canine will have at least one Instructor/Trainer present at every session. Sessions may also be attended by staff in training or assistants necessary to complete any specific training exercise.
- Pedigree Canine train dogs at various locations depending on the training programme requirements; these include but are not limited to: on site, off site, in and around the Owner home locations, in public parks, forest, woodland, fields, streets and in cities, towns and villages.
- Harsh handling, rough treatment, excessive pulling, hitting, kicking, abusive treatment is strictly forbidden during any training session and at any other time.
- Owners/handlers are expected to clean up after their dogs in and around the training venue and comply with local bylaws. Please ensure you come to group session suitably prepared with bags to clean up after your dog/s.
- All dogs must be kept under control and on a lead, unless specifically instructed otherwise by the Instructor/Trainer.
- Pedigree Canine does not restrict the number of adult family members that are allowed to attend any training session. Due to the Health and Safety concerns regarding children under the age of 18 (eighteen) on/off site with dogs, we are unable to extend our welcome to children, Health and Safety (young persons) Act 1997. Young children are welcome but must be closely supervised by the adult(s) responsible for them and in the interests of all dogs involved, remain quiet and calm at all times, unless being specifically addressed by the Instructor or a family member.
- All dogs should be fully vaccinated and up to date with their boosters and antiparasitic. Please do not bring your dog to a session/group session if he/she has been in contact with another dog infected by a contagious disease. We also ask that bitches in season are not brought to any session. If you are unsure whether or not to bring your dog to a training session please do not hesitate to contact us or speak with your veterinary surgeon. If a dog is unable to attend training sessions, Owners are more than welcome to attend without their dog in order to keep up to date with the training program.
- Training Programs are a collection of dog Training Sessions the accomplishment of which shall earn a Certification according to the definition of the Service subscribed to. Number of Training Sessions required for fulfilment of any Training Program is entirely at the discretion of the Instructor, based on the individual dogs aptitude and not on any kind of human time frame. You pay for the Certification of your dog, who may certify at any time up to the maximum duration identified in the programme description on our invoices.
- Training Sessions are periods of normally one or two hours in duration (durations may be shorter depending on the tolerance of the dog), where a dog and/or handler are trained according to the Training Program the Owner has subscribed to.
- Certification indicates the final day of any dog training programme and the termination of services provided to the clients by Pedigree Canine. Certification is the award given upon successful completion of the all milestone events, final handover period and final examination and is entirely at the discretion of the Instructor/Trainer for the successful completion of a Training Program by the dog and Owner/Handler.
- Owners and/or Handlers are required to be present for a minimum of 2 (two) Training Sessions during Milestone Events and for a minimum 5 (five) Hand-over Sessions prior to certification. Milestone and Hand-over events will be extended if the Instructor/Trainer feels that the client requires more time to learn.
- Milestone events are obligatory for Owner/Handlers to attend and every effort will be made to arrange an agreeable Milestone Event appointment that fits in with Pedigree Canine Clients schedule.
- Certification examination follows final handover sessions and can only be achieved after attendance at all handover sessions. Certification is entirely at the discretion of the Instructor/trainer and based on the clients obligation to attend.
- After each Milestone Event, Owners and/or Handlers must continue to maintain their dog on a daily basis up to the level that the current (and previous if applicable) Milestone Event had prepared them for. Each Milestone Event acquired adds further routines and commands to the previous Milestone Event. Each set of rules, commands and routines must then be maintained and practiced until certification whereby all rules, commands and routines persuant to the dog training programme enrolled on must be properly maintained on a daily basis for the lifetime of your dog(s) as per the instructions from the Instructor/Trainer. Failure to maintain the dog(s) as per the above mentioned obligations may result in partial or full regression of your dogs.
- Owners and/or Handlers should be prepared to adapt their life-styles and/or behaviour in order to promote an appropriate environment for the dog to thrive in. Successful outcome of trained results often hinges on how willing and able the Owner/Handler is to successfully change their behaviour and lifestyle to suit the needs of their dog(s). Conditioned behaviour by the dog following the award of Certification is subject to and contingent upon proper maintenance of an appropriate lifestyle, as instructed by the Instructor/Trainer. All members of the family and any persons that interact with the dog should consistently maintain this lifestyle. Failure to maintain the dog(s) as per the above mentioned obligations may result in partial or full regression of your dogs.
- Civilian Close Protection dogs must have a fully able-bodied Owner and or Handler who is legally responsible for the safety, proper handling, maintenance training and welfare of the dog(s) and the safety of any other animals or humans that they interact with.
- Civilian Close Protection dogs that receive Pedigree Canine Working Dog Training and/or maintenance, are trained solely for defensive, less than lethal, purposes and cannot be used offensively for any reason whatsoever or for any other purpose.
- Pedigree Canine cannot be held responsible for the actions of the Owner/Handler or any other persons associated with the dog(s), during training or after certification.
- Pedigree Canine holds no liability nor expresses any reliability in terms of the effectiveness of a certificated Civilian Protection dog to protect the Owner, family, friends or property associated with them.
- Pedigree Canine holds no liability for any injuries sustained by any party due to the improper handling, maintenance and/or development (improper welfare standards) and/or from effective defence of anybody under the dog(s) protection after certification.
- Pedigree Canine holds no liability or expresses any reliability in terms of the balanced temperament of any dog working or otherwise after certification.
- Detection dogs who receive Pedigree Canine Dog Training are trained solely for detection work and cannot be used for any other purpose. Detection dogs may also receive Civilian Close Protection Dog Training if assessed to be able.
- Pedigree Canine holds no liability nor expresses any reliability regarding the effectiveness of a certificated detection dog and cannot be held liable for any loss of property or expenses if a certificated detection dog fails to locate an item.
- Dogs are individual animals and as such training success cannot be guaranteed even after the completion of the dog(s) assessment appointment. However, Pedigree Canine will endeavour to deliver Dog Training services to our highest standard at all times. If a dog is deemed unfit to continue, alternative appropriate Dog Training programmes will be offered and/or advice given as to what can be achieved, if anything.
- Behaviour Modification Programs will attempt to fully rehabilitate a dog’s unwanted behaviour. However, in extreme cases some dogs may not be rehabilitated. Pedigree Canine reserves the right to defer to the veterinary clinic responsible for the dog. We also reserve the right to contact the appropriate organisation, RSPCA or Police in cases where we suspect mistreatment/abuse or criminal handling of any dog associated with us. (Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 and refer to the advice of the appropriate official in charge.)
HOMESTAY BOARDING / DAYCARE
- Home Stay Boarding – each chargeable one day period is for 24 (twenty-four) hours and is counted as such. Each period of stay exceeding 24 hours counts towards the billable charge of the following 24 hour period.
- All safety precautions are taken during Home Stay Boarding, if something should happen however, Pedigree Canine will always act in the best interests of the dog.
- Dog Taxi transportation of clients’ dogs is provided by Pedigree Canine staff or by agents acting on behalf of Pedigree Canine. Fees for Dog Taxi services must be settled in advance unless otherwise agreed by Pedigree Canine.
- Dogs left abandoned will be rehomed. Pedigree Canine will attempt to contact the Owner after the collection time/date has passed without the collection of their dog(s) to arrange a new collection time and date. We will contact the owner through telephone, email and SMS message communication. If We cannot reach the Owner or any of their relations or friends, we will regrettably rehome the dog after 14 days without contact. All costs will be invoiced to the Owner.
- Dogs that overstay their booked boarding dates without prior notice are charged at double time for each 24-hour period until they are collected or rehomed.
- Prior to your dog’s arrival at their Homestay Boarding Home your dog(s) must also have a current valid Kennel Cough (Infectious Tracheobronchitis) vaccination certificate signed by a qualified Veterinary Surgeon. This must be administered at least 2 Weeks prior to arrival at their Homestay Boarding Home. This is not part of your annual booster vaccination. If you are in any doubt, Kennel Cough vaccines can be identified on your vaccination card / certificate as ‘Intrac’ (which lasts for 6 months) or ‘Nobivac KC’ (which lasts for 12 months). We reserve the right to refuse admission to any dogs who cannot demonstrate a valid Kennel Cough Inoculation certificate and in these instances no refunds are offered.
- Prior to your dog’s arrival at their Homestay Boarding Home, they must have been properly treated for parasitic infection and flea and/or tick prevention. Pedigree Canine reserves the right to administer these treatments if it is known that these treatments have not previously been administered. All cost for administration of these treatments will be invoiced to the Client.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to any dog(s) showing signs of ill health
- Homestay Boarding and Day care fees for Bank Holidays will be charged at double time.
- Out of hours Homestay Boarding check-in and check-out will incur additional fees. Homestay Boarding and Day care regular hours for check-in and check-out are:
- 08:00 a.m. until 18:00 p.m. Monday to Friday
- 09:00 a.m. to 16:30 p.m. on Weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Although Pedigree Canine thoroughly assess every dog, before admitting them to their Homestay Boarding home to make sure they are suitable candidates for nonaggressive socialisation between other boarding dogs and/or humans. Pedigree Canine cannot guarantee the good behaviour/sociability/non-aggressive behaviour of any dog(s) in our care and owners must be aware that accidents may happen, please refer to clause 62.
- If your dog demonstrates reactive aggressive behaviour towards humans or other dogs, Pedigree Canine reserves the right to refuse entry to their Homestay Boarding home or if granted admission, separate such dogs from others for the safety of all.
- While Pedigree Canine takes all reasonable precautions, maintaining constant supervision of all dogs on and off site. Pedigree Canine only accept dogs solely at the Owner/Handler’s own risk.
- Pedigree Canine reserve the right to take any action they see fit if a dog(s) remains uncollected after 2 (two) Weeks post checkout departure date. (Unless departure date has been extended by the Owner and agreed in writing by Pedigree Canine at least 1 (one) day prior to their dog’s original booked collection date). We require your telephone number and that of your nearest relative and/or reliable friend in case of emergency contact or if Pedigree Canine cannot reach the owner/handler by phone on the day of collection or thereafter. We also require your address and email contact details and that of your close relative and or trusted friend. All details are held in compliance with GDPR regulations.
- We are happy to provide your dog with everything that they will need during their stay. We are unable to guarantee that any items that the owner/handler brings along to accompany their dog(s) will not be damaged or lost during their stay. These items are left entirely at the owner/handler’s own risk.
- If a dog is collected before the date of collection previously advised, Pedigree Canine reserves the right to charge for the full period as per the original booked date of collection.
- Each 24-hour period or part thereof from the time of admission of your dog(s) is charged accordingly as a whole day regardless of the time of check-in and/or check-out.
- Any feedback regarding the Training Program may be communicated by email to the address provided: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a Client creates an unacceptable level of conflict and the Instructor/Trainer will escalate the matter to Pedigree Canine Human Resources whereby this matter should be resolved by mediation.
- Pedigree Canine reserves the right to terminate the General Service Agreement with the Client, effective immediately should mediation of any incident fail. All decisions in this respect are at the sole discretion of Pedigree Canine. We regret that no refunds will be provided in these cases.
- Any human instruction given by Pedigree Canine is considered as intellectual property belonging to Pedigree Canine. No individual in receipt of such intellectual property may profit in any way from any information considered to be the intellectual property of Pedigree Canine.
- Pedigree Canine offers an advisory service to locate suitable licensed breeders and will also advise on puppy selection direct from the recommended licensed breeder. (Lucy’s Law 2020)
- Retail products are available including but not limited to dog food, non-prescription medication, training equipment, reward toys, grooming equipment, general dog equipment. Such products are supplied under the terms of the manufacturers’ warranty.
- Grooming through Company staff or through third party subcontracted agents either on or off Company site.
- Vet services through third party subcontracted vets either on or off Company site.
- Payment accepted in cash or by bank transfer, cheque or PayPal (PayPal Pay Now button on our invoices).
- Fees paid for Dog Training Services are non-refundable. In the event of curtailment of any Dog Training Service, partial refunds may be offered at the sole discretion of the Company Director.
- Payment for any Service and/or Product must be received prior to the commencement date and provision of any Service(s) or receipt of any Product(s).
- Prior to commencement of any Dog Training Service and or your dog’s arrival at their Homestay Boarding home, Pedigree Canine will require to see a current valid vaccination certificate or pet passport. This must show that booster vaccinations have been given as necessary, includes all vaccination labels and signed off by a qualified Veterinary Surgeon. Dog Vaccinations must safeguard against the following diseases: Distemper, Parvovirus, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis and Parainfluenza. We reserve the right to refuse Service to any dogs who cannot demonstrate and up to date vaccination record and in these instances no refunds are offered.
- Pedigree Canine makes routine health checks on all dogs in their care including capillary reflex, hydration, sclera, external parasitic examination, external lesion examination.
- If a dog(s) becomes ill or injures themselves or receives an injury from another dog and/or anything else or is involved in an accident resulting in injury, Pedigree Canine reserves the right to immediately take action by seeking veterinary assistance and will defer to the decisions of the vet in charge. If such a medical emergency happens, Pedigree Canine will attempt to contact the Owner of their nearest adult relative or reliable adult friend to update them and seek their agreement to proceed with any necessary veterinary treatments prior to commencing such treatments. If Pedigree Canine cannot contact any of the above mentioned responsible adults, We reserve the right to act in the best interests of the dog, as advised by the vet, without notice. All veterinary fess will be invoiced separately to the Owner and payable prior to collection of their dog.
- Prior to engagement, suitable dog insurance details must be provided, the absence of which may result in the termination of the dog in cases where fees cannot be guaranteed before the need for treatment is established.
- Pedigree Canine will be responsible for providing proper care to your dog throughout their stay in our Homestay Boarding homes and during any Dog Training Service.
- If a dog has a medical condition of any sort We must be notified by the time of booking. If We have not been notified of such a condition, We reserve the right to refuse admission and/or to cease to offer the Service. If admission is granted but required treatment regimen(s) not given by you in writing, We cannot administer such undeclared medication. Therefore, please be sure to leave us written notification of medication and regimen if necessary either prior to or upon the day of drop off and/or collection. For medical emergencies resulting from any pre-declared or undeclared medical condition, please refer to clause 62.
- Pedigree Canine reserves the right to take the dogs outside, off company premises, to public places and parks for training, toilet and exercise purposes.
- 66. All damage/injury caused by any dog to property, animal (including itself) or person and/or any resulting medical expenses for any dog is/are the sole liability of the Owner/Handler.
- Sometimes during play, high energy activity, agility training/K-9 agility course or during a disagreement with other dogs, or for other reasons, your dog may get some minor cuts and/or scratches, ligament/joint/skeletal damage or lacerations during their stay with us. Pedigree Canine cannot be held responsible for any injuries incurred.
- Owners are obliged to provide advanced detailed notice of any and all medical conditions.
- To omit Owner/Handler liability, Owner/Handlers should provide their own dog insurance for the duration of any service provided by Pedigree Canine. Owner/Handlers will be responsible for any veterinary fees incurred if they are not insured. We also recommend you take out cancellation insurance to cover the full boarding cost should you need to cancel with less than 72 hours notice.
- If using the Pedigree Canine Dog Taxi service for any reason, you must ensure that your dog is in good health and does not get stressed or ill whilst travelling and does not suffer from anything that may cause them distress, risk dehydration or heart / breathing problems in transit.
- All booked services to be paid in advance unless otherwise agreed.
- Booked services may be cancelled by the Owner in writing up to 72 (seventy two) hours (Three Days) before your dog(s) is scheduled to check-in for Home Stay Boarding or begin a Dog Training Service.
- A cancellation fee of £100.00 is payable by the person responsible for payment upon cancellation of any Service and will be automatically deducted prior to your refund being issued.
- If you cancel any booking less than 72 (Seventy Two) hours (Three Days) prior to your dog(s) scheduled check-in/training commencement date you will be liable for the full cost of your booked Service(s).
- The person responsible for payment will receive a refund, minus cancellation fee, with any costs associated with their dog(s) deducted, if applicable, provided they cancel within the allotted time specified above.
- Refunds cannot be given after a Dog Training Service has commenced.
- Any refund is at the sole discretion of Pedigree Canine.
- Payment of any invoice serves as tacit agreement to our Terms and Conditions.
80. The information contained in this Website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Pedigree Canine and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, Pedigree Canine make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the Website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the Website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
81. In no event will Pedigree Canine be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of media files or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this Website.
82. Through this Website you may be able to link to other Websites which are not under the control of Pedigree Canine. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
83. Every effort is made to keep the Website up and running smoothly. However, Pedigree Canine takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the Website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
84. Pedigree Canine comply with all Data Protection laws, for further information please contact email@example.com or visit https://pedigreecanine.com/privacy-policy/